- Monthly Meeting: Wednesday, November 20th wp.me/p2ihh3-aF 3 weeks ago
- Our November Newsletter wp.me/p2ihh3-aA 1 month ago
- Congressman Bob Turner Speaks at NEQRC wp.me/p2ihh3-aw 1 month ago
- Join us for our October meeting wp.me/p2ihh3-ap 1 month ago
- Our September Meeting wp.me/p2ihh3-a3 2 months ago
- Alex Blishteyn Avella Bob Turner Concannon concannon 2012 courts dan halloran demolition man dick wadhams elections official eric ulrich exorcist Forcina fox news game change George Maragos Gillibrand gop primary halloran halloran for congress heath care holder joe concannon Joe Lhota john milius Lhota maragos marty golden movies N.Y. COngressional race neqrc NEQRC Golf Outing New York City Republicans new york politics new york republicans New York State Senate northeast queens republican club Northeast Queens Republicans NY-6 ny congressional election NY GOP NYS Conservative Party ny senate NY Senate race NYS GOP NYS Senate NYS Senate race 2012 obama Padavan political movies politics Queens queens congressional district Queens GOP Queens politics Queens Republican Clubs Queens Republican meetings Queens Republicans Reagan red dawn Republican Senate race rocky ronald reagan 1980 debate sarah palin soliciting money stallone Stephen Labate sunny hahn turner for senate turner free gas contest U.S. COngress US Senate race veteran-owned businesses veterans wendy long
Have a look at our special Election Issue Newsletter-
Watch video of Congressman Turner discussing the mayoral race and the fight to restore integrity to the Queens GOP here.
Please join us to hear from:
Congressman Bob Turner representing
Joe Lhota, Mayoral Candidate
Dennis Saffran, City Council
Alex Blishteyn, City Council
Joe Concannon, City Council
Sunny Hahn, City Council
Wednesday, October 16, 2013
CLEARVIEW GOLF COURSE CLUB HOUSE
202-12 Willets Point Blvd
Bayside, NY 11360
In accordance with the club by-laws, President John Watch selected four members for the nominating committee and presented his selection at the September Board meeting. Joan Vogt, Chairperson, Amanda Ryan, Sal Bacarella and Gregory Mitchell. In accordance with the By-Laws three additional members will be nominated from the floor at the October meeting. If you are interested in serving on the nominating committee please see Joan Vogt or Roy Tabita to place your name in for nomination. The club continues to grow with close to 40 new members added this year. We want to thank the efforts of Kevin Ryan and Sal Bacarella in actively promoting the club on Facebook, in the news, through our website and at the First Annual Golf outing where we raised over $4,500.
After the meeting, a cash bar is available so people can mingle and discuss issues. We are encouraging as many Republicans, Conservatives, Moderates and Independents to attend. You can also join our Facebook Group at
http://www.facebook.com/groups/191194544315351/217039715064167/#!/groups/191194544315351/ or just type Northeast Queens Republican Club 2012.
Follow us on Twitter @NEQRepublicans
Words and pictures by Kevin J. Ryan
The weather is mercifully cooler but local political races are just beginning to heat up. After the primary victory of Joe Lhota, who visited our club several times and will return soon, we had a chance at our September meeting to focus on other City and Queens candidates, some of whom visited the NEQRC for the first time.
In no particular order:
NEQRC Vice President Dennis Saffran is the Republican Candidate for the 19th City Council District and squares off against Democratic Primary winner Paul Vallone, who’s the younger of the Vallone Democratic dynasty sons and is trying once again for his first election to office. This is a traditionally Republican area that we don’t want to lose.
Attorney Alex Blishteyn is running for City Council in District 24, against perennial Democratic candidate Rory Lancman, who abandoned his Assembly seat last year in a failed bid for Congress.
Scherie Murray, the founder of the Esemel Group, is the Republican candidate for City Council in District 31.
Sunny Hahn is running for City Council in District 20.
Joe Concannon is a retired NYPD Captain running for City Council in the 3rd District, against Mark Weprin, who voted for the so-called Community Safety Act. Concannon is pro-Stop and Frisk and, like all our Republican candidates, wants to put the cuffs on the crooks, not the cops.
John Burnett is the Republican candidate for NYC Comptroller. He has had a highly successful career in finance and wants to serve the City by bringing sound fiscal policies to the Comptroller’s Office.
Tony Arcabascio is the Republican candidate for Queens Borough President.
NEQRC Vice President Alan Laufer and his two sons announced a new, ambitious and exciting interactive social media project called Hoodhoot.com
Join us for our first meeting after the primary, for what promises to be a very lively gathering with several local candidates.
Take a look at the invitation on Facebook
See you there!